Green Spaces Development Officer – Stevenage Borough Council
Green Spaces Development Officer - Stevenage Borough Council
JOB TITLE Green Spaces Development Officer
POST NUMBER 012293
WEEKLY WORKING HOURS 37
SALARY RANGE £34,834 to £38,223 pa – pro rata for hours worked
TYPE OF CONTRACT Fixed Term Contract 18 months
If you are passionate about the protection, development and promotion of excellent green spaces you may be the person that we are looking for.
Stevenage has an impressive offering of green spaces varying from principal parks, informal open spaces, play areas, allotments and woodlands. The Green Spaces Development Officers are responsible for delivering a wide range of green space improvement projects and environmental community engagement.
The post holder will join our professional, friendly and highly committed team in managing a wide range of green space related activity, including management of allotments, the supervision and development of environmental volunteers, and delivery of improvements to enhance our local environment.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic person to play a key role in the development of some of Stevenage’s prestigious green spaces. If you have a proven track record of developing green spaces for people and wildlife, possess excellent communication skills, and enjoy working with a wide range of people we would like to hear from you.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
• Pension Scheme: We offer a career average pension scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement,
as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
• Flexible working: available upon request, subject to operational requirements.
• Part time and Job share: all our full time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated.
• A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave, maternity,
paternity, adoption and parental leave.
• 25 days holiday rising to 31 days (depending on Local Government service)
• An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
• Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee
• Season ticket loans and discounts for public transport
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Stevenage Credit Union: secure savings, free life insurance and access to cheap loans.
• Employee Discounts: via monthly paid membership of the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC)
• Discounted Health and Fitness membership
• Trade Unions: For a small fee, all employees have the opportunity to join a Trade Union.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Julia Hill, Environmental Policy & Development Manager on 01438 242900
To apply online, please visit https://jobs.stevenage.gov.uk/StevenageBorough/Home
Closing date for receipt of applications: 29 February 2024
Interviews will be held week commencing: 4 March 2024
Please note that if we receive a large volume of applications for this role, we reserve the right to close this vacancy ahead of the published closing date
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for All. For further information please click https://www.stevenage.gov.uk/about-the-council/jobs-and-careers/equal-opportunities