Team Leader Green Spaces – Housing – LB Hillingdon
Team Leader Green Spaces - Housing - LB Hillingdon
- Job number
- Harlington Road Depot, 128 Harlington Road, Depot Hillingdon, Middlesex, , London UB8 3EU
- Job Type
- Contract Type
- Working Hours
- Closing date
- 13 February 2024
- Salary range
- £30,033.00 – £31,440.00 per year
At Hillingdon we’re proud of our commitment of ‘Putting our residents first’, ensuring they’re at the heart of everything we do! We want to attract talented individuals like yourself who share our aspirations for the borough and can support us to deliver exceptional services for Hillingdon.
With an ambitious strategy we pride ourselves on delivering services that improve the lives of all our residents, businesses, and partners. Embarking on a journey of continuous improvement, we’ve set an agenda to ensure the provision of; safer communities, a thriving local economy, a greener more sustainable environment, whilst increasing our digital capabilities.
Working at London’s second largest borough can be tough, particularly with government reforms, budget restrictions, and political attention – but it’s enough to keep us busy and ensures no two days are the same!
What does a Team Leader – Green Spaces do at Hillingdon?
We are looking for an experienced Team Leader/Gardener/Horticulturalist for our parks, highways and housing green spaces. We are the second largest borough in London with over 200 green spaces covering approx. 1,800 acres, the London Borough of Hillingdon is highly regarded for its Green Flag status throughout the Borough. As a Horticulturalist/Gardener you will join Hillingdon Council’s Green Spaces team, a team of dedicated Green Flag award winners. You will be working as part of this team to ensure an excellent service is delivered to our residents and other customers. The position will offer a wide variety of gardening tasks including grass cutting, maintenance of bedding displays, shrub and hedge maintenance.
We are looking for individuals with some relevant gardening experience in this work area. You will need to have a full driving licence. You will have a proactive approach to work, be conscientious, flexible, customer focused and enjoy working as part of a team. If you have a keen interest in gardening and are looking to broaden your gardening experience, we would be delighted to hear from you! Additional Information This is a full-time position. All job offers are subject to successful completion of pre-employment checks; references to cover the last year of employment, your eligibility to work in the UK and a medical clearance.
Successful candidates should be available to start as soon as possible based on 36 hours per week, 33 hours in the winter months and 39 hours in the summer months. If you would like further information regarding this role, please contact Robert Cox. email@example.com.
What we offer
We value our employees and are committed to ensuring that they enjoy a fulfilling and rewarding career with us. We understand that a happy and motivated workforce is essential for the success of our organisation. That is why we offer a wide range of employee benefits to enhance your work-life balance, financial wellbeing, health, and professional development.
Here’s a comprehensive overview of the fantastic benefits we provide:
Work Life Balance
- Flexible Working Hours – We recognise the importance of flexibility in managing your work and personal life.
- 36 Hour Week – Enjoy a standard 36-hour workweek for all full time staff.
- Generous Holiday Entitlement – You will receive a minimum of 26 days annual leave each year, in addition to bank holidays. This entitlement increases to a maximum 37 days after 10 years of service.
Health & Wellbeing
- Hillingdon Sport Leisure – Stay active and healthy with discounts at council owned leisure centres and swimming pools across the borough.
- Cycle Purchase Scheme – Promote eco-friendly commuting with our cycle purchase scheme.
- Discount on Golf Fees – Enjoy up to 30% discounts on green fees at council owned golf courses.
- Financial Benefits – Secure your future with access to the Local Government Pension Scheme and membership to the Credit Union
- Vivup Benefits – Access a variety of offers and discounts through our Vivup Benefits.
- Eye Care – We contribute towards eye tests and lenses for Display Screen Equipment
- Mental Health Support – Our mental health first aiders are trained to identify, understand, and help employees experiencing mental health issues.
- Support and Counselling Services – Access free 24-hour confidential advice and counselling as well as a legal advice service for you and your immediate family.
Commute with Ease
- Travel Support – Make your daily commute easier with our season ticket loans and free car parking. We also provide bicycle parking, lockers, and showers at the Civic Centre.
Equity, Diversity and Equality Statement
At the London Borough of Hillingdon, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We value the unique perspectives and experiences of all individuals, and we believe that our workforce should reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment process is free from discrimination and bias, and we are dedicated to providing reasonable adjustments to applicants with disabilities. We recognise the value of a diverse workforce and encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented groups.
Join us in building a workplace where diversity is not only embraced but also celebrated, and where every individual has the opportunity to thrive and contribute meaningfully to our organisation’s success.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Due to an expected high volume of applications, we could close this role early, we therefore recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.